Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yummiest Banana Bread!

We had some bananas that were about to go bad so Ashlyn and I decided to make some bread.  Ashlyn LOVES cooking and will take any opportunity to help me in the kitchen and needless to say I absolutely LOVE the time that we spend together when we are in the kitchen.  Anyone who has cooked with a little one knows that you get some great conversations while measuring and mixing the day away! :)

 She measured ALL the ingredients and mixed up the batter!
 Here she was saying "It smells sooooo YUMMY!!! 
 In the pan and ready to bake!!
 We just took it out of the oven and it smells DELICIOUS!!! 
Looks delicious too!  Guess what.....it tastes even better than it looks.  I thought that I had had the best banana bread ever when we were in Hawaii, but this was so much better.  I don't know if it is because it was made by the loving hands of my amazing three year old, perfect bananas, or my totally customized recipe, but it was AMAZINGLY yummy!  :)  Hope you make it and enjoy for yourself!

Chelsea and Ashlyn's Banana Bread

1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups mashed bananas
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Mix sugar, butter and applesauce.  stir in eggs, add banana, milk, and vanilla.  beat until smooth.  stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Pour into two eight inch loaf pans.  Bake in oven 1 hour at 350.

Note: in the past I have used splenda and such to cut the sugar, but it was sooooo improved this time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment