Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Our hunt for the best christmas tree!

This past weekend (Friday really) we headed out to Bowen Christmas Tree Farm.  We had a wonderful time trekking through the farm to find our tree.  We were very happy to get a nice sunny day! One thing that was very apparent to me is my complete lack of the ability to make a decision...  Every three seconds I think I said "ooo I like that one, let's get it"  I think that in the end we found the perfect tree for us.  :)  We are estimating it at around 12 feet.  So happy that I had Brian there to help steer us in the right direction!   They also had a great roaring fire going, cider or tea to sip on, and the cutest little store where they sell only handmade local items!  I found a few new treasures to add to our collection. :)

Here it is with the girls giving their approval

 Here is Kelti amazed that Brian is cutting our tree down!

 Starting to go!
 Timber!!!!
 Ashlyn is very excited about the whole deal of getting the tree, bringing it home, setting it up and now she is jumping at the chance to decorate it!


And now through the magic of the Internet........
Here it is in all it's glory!! :)

Ashlyn helped decorate most the tree! We had a wonderful time listening to Christmas music and talking about all the ornaments as we went...it was really fun telling Ashlyn about them and what they mean to me and Bri. :)

 The table by the front door got a little Christmas love too!

 My sweet helper! I think she did a fabulous job for her first time being a little Christmas helper! :)

Hope that the joy of the Christmas season is reaching you and yours!


1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful family! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas together.

    ReplyDelete