Thursday, March 8, 2012

No more diapers for Kelti!!

Yay!  Such a joyous occasion!  Kelti is potty trained, I put off posting on this as long as I could because I wanted to make sure that she really was potty trained and this wasn't some fluke.  I really started working with her on Feb 22.  A few weeks before that she picked out a princess potty seat at the store and it was golden from there.  Since we took a trip down to see Brian's parents (looong drive) I didn't want to really start the potty training before that, have to switch to diapers for the drive and all that nonsense. 

It is so weird to me that two kiddos can be sooo different...I know that this is what everyone says, but I mean come on. Ashlyn first went number 1 and 2 on the potty at 13 1/2 months old, and she went pretty consistently from there.  Actually I take all some of that back.  I was just thinking over Kelti's journey and realized that last Feb. When she was 13 1/2 months old she was actually going on the potty multiple times a day and had dry diapers when waking from her naps.  This lasted for a couple months and then she had no desire until recently.  I didn't want to deal with Ashlyn having accidents while being pregnant with Kelti and her pediatrician thought it would be best for Ashlyn to get used to having a baby sister before going hard core on the potty training.  So she ended up being completely potty trained at 24 months.  We didn't want to "push" either kiddo, but let them guide the process so they were ready...I mean who really wants to fight about poop???...Not stuff I am willing to go to battle over!  So it took Kelti a little longer to be motivated, but at 26 months old she is fully potty trained and doing just fabulous.

 Discovering that you get two m's for going number 2!

 I love this little laughing smile, such a happy sweet girl! You also might be noticing that this is a different seat, we had to get another to make the most of our house layout so this one is Elmo!

 So proud of going on the potty, this is one of her first times and you can even see her princess seat!

I think this one is sooo funny!  Love this girl and I am so proud of her!!

For those of you familiar with Ashlyn and her potty dance, yes we have taught it to Kelti, and hers is cute too (note Ashlyn was doing a "potty dance" WAAAY before the pull up one) :)  Hers was also for going potty and getting a jelly bean. 

Here's to no more diapers in our house!


No comments:

Post a Comment