Tuesday, July 3, 2012

INSANITY week 1 of month 2



We are now through week one of month 2!  

This was especially hard since we were out of town celebrating 8 years of married life!  A few of the struggles of the week were: 

completing the workout in the hotel room each day.  That means for me I waited for Brian to leave the room in the morning and then I left in the afternoon so Brian could do his.  There was absolutely no way for us to both do them at the same time even if we wanted to...which we didn't.  

Also food was an issue though not a big one.  I am really glad that our trip fell in the second month of the program because I know a lot more about the types of food I should be eating and what to avoid.  I thought it would be a lot harder to stick to eating somewhat healthy, but I think we did a great job.  One example is that over the years we have enjoyed lots of junk food while driving to a destination.  I really liked to munch on the giant box of milk duds and whoppers while driving, hot tamales too, oh who am I kidding I also eat sour gummy worms by the bagful, or at least used to! :) This trip we didn't have anything until we were almost to our destination.  I chose a dove dark chocolate bar that I decided to break into thirds.  I had one third of it during the last part of our drive and Brian had one sixth of it. The half bar that is left is still in my bag, UNFINISHED!!  I also enjoyed some delicious drinks on the trip and don't feel bad about them one bit! :)
One thing that I was worried about was gaining some weight back on the trip, I am happy to say that I didn't gain any weight during our week of indulgence. I think that shows that all the hard work is paying off.

While the trip was amazing I am happy to be home to workout in our own space that is comfortable and set up for us to complete each workout successfully!

I am looking forward to the changes that my body will be making during this MAX month even if I am not enjoying the workouts quite as much...they are longer and in some instances just ridiculous...pretty sure a couple of the moves are not really possible!




No comments:

Post a Comment